Google+

Monday 28 October 2013

How To | Top Knot

Today I'm going to show you how I create a top knot. I love wearing this on those days whee your running late, or just having a bad hair day. Now I have thin hair and most people struggle to make a top knot with thin hair, but I have a little trick I'm going to share with you.


First I put my hair in a high pony tail, this makes it easier for later. Try using a clear elastic or a hairband that a similar colour to your hair, we don't want to be able to see the band. I find the easiest way to get my hair in a high pony tail is to flip my hair upside down, gather my hair together and the flip it back to secure.


Here's my secret if you have thin hair. back comb your hair but don't be gentle really go for it until your hair looks like a complete mess (don't worry, it'll look fine in the end). Back combing your hair make each layer thicker, adding volume to it in seconds. To keep it in place add a firming hairspray over a volumising hairspray as these hold better and for a longer period of time.


Now you should have a super backcombed ponytail. Now gather this up and I like to secure  it all with a medium sized crocodile clip. But you can use any sort of clip that you find holds your hair best. I sometimes use bobby pins when my hair is feeling extra film but the backcombing sadly doesn't last all day. So a crocodile clip allows me to volumise it throughout the day, buy raising the clip every now and then. 


Finally you can now mess around with it, until your happy with how it looks I sometimes like to clip my fringe to the side with it, or pull a few sections out to frame my face. And you should be done.


This look takes a maximum of 5 mins and is perfect for something that looks like you've spent ages on it and it doesn't. I got a lot of compliments when I first wore it and I love the look of it.

Let me know if this was helpful or if you'd wear this and let me know if you'd try to do this hairstyle in the comments or on show me your recreation of it on Instagram with the #Alarah 

Sarah
X

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, it means a lot! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...