Google+

Saturday 26 October 2013

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation | Review

Hello, today I'm going to be reviewing Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay in Place Foundation. Hope its helpful and you enjoy.


 I asked in the store for the sample size as I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy the full size bottle, encase my skin reacted badly to it, or just encase I didn't like it. It retails at £28.50. Now this foundation has SPF 10 which isn't too high, but better than none. It claims to stay on for 15 hours, and has a medium but buildable coverage. It also says it has a semi matte finish which I like because I prefer to have a dewy finish to completely matte.


First I'm going to start with a fresh clean face, I was just in the shower so I now have a clean face and also wet hair as I like to leave my hair to air dry. But starting with a clean face allows me to see how the foundation looks on my bare skin. It helps me to make sure the color matches my skin tone, and how well its covers discoloration and blemishes on its own.


I am going to apply the foundation using the real techniques expert face brush, as I find this brush works best for me, I've done a review on it in a previous post, see it here if you haven't seen it already.


















When I removed the lid I noticed it came with a small applicator, but i didn't want to use this so I just wiped the excess onto my face..


..and blended it into my skin, the first thing that I noticed was that the lady in the store matched this shade to my skin perfectly, also the coverage wasn't too high so I did build it, because I've been ill lately my skins really taken its toll. Its become very dry and it just needs a bit of help lately, so I needed higher coverage today.

 


After this I poured the rest of the product I would need onto my hand and blended it onto my face and down to my neck. Its important to also cover some of your neck as this makes sure there's no foundation line on your jaw line.

I first found that this foundation looked stunning on, it matched my skin perfectly and gave a great coverage. I didn't put on any concealer as I wanted to see how the foundation would cope on my skin on its own. I also found I didn't need any concealer the coverage after a few coats is amazing. It covers my dark circles and blemishes nicely so they're practically unnoticeable.


However I did put on a light coat of powder just to control the oils on my skin. So far I really like the look of this foundation on my skin, It feels so light yet gives such good coverage.


I then did the rest of my makeup, and waited to see how it would cope throughout the day. This was then 12:30, so I thought I'd take images later in the day to let you know how the foundation want looking.


This photo was taken at 4:00 and it looks the exact same as earlier if I'm honest I was thinking it would of smudged slightly but it hadn't done at all, it still felt so light and the coverage was still up there, but I could start to see a few blemishes and my dark circles starting to show though so I think if I was to purchase this I would need to use concealer for blemishes and dark circles.


This photo was taken at 8:00 and I have to say this foundation has to be one of the best I've tried. I discovered I would definitely have to use a concealer thought as I've found that the high coverage doesn't last for an overly long time. But it does last a lot longer than a drugstore foundation, I haven't found a drugstore like this so I cant compare. It just makes my skin look beautiful all day, might have to purchase the full size.

Hope you liked the post, let me know what you think in the comments bellow
Sarah
x



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, it means a lot! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...